Me spinning around in the rotunda of the Capital building (where we wandered around to pass the time until the play.)

Katie and I trying to show off our "I won the Wicked lottery" buttons that they gave us.

The theater was gorgeous!!! Katie wasn't able to hear the end of it from me until intermission. Here are a few shots of it.


The play itself was amazing. Third time I've seen it, and the actress for the main character, Elphaba, was the best I've seen yet. Surprising from a touring cast. Here is a link to a fun song from the play performed by the Galinda I saw on Broadway and in San Fran (she's my favorite). The song itself starts around minute 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=513Mjq6vTWQ&feature=related And in case you are wondering, YES, Katie and I were unconciously acting just like the character of Galinda after finding out we won the tickets-- like teenage cheerleaders after eating a gallon of icecream.
As for racoons--after going running last week I went to throw away a broken plate that I had left outside the night before. When I got to our ginormous dumpster, I heard all sorts of little squeeks and cries and scratching coming from inside. I climbed up to look inside (not realizing there was a window on the far side of the dumpster I could have looked in) and saw 4 little racoons trying to climb or dig their way out. They were so cute!!!! I tried to enlist the help of some neighbors outside, not to much avail, and ended up finally getting them out with the help of some old plywood boards and a lawn chair. If you have a facebook account you can watch a video of a few of them climbing out that my neighbor took, which is posted on my profile page. Anywho--summer is going well. Having fun back in Ohio. Keep you posted (and um,...still working on those Memorial Day pics Dev. :) heehee)
1 comment:
Wow, the theater looks amazing- almost fake! Someday i'll get to go see Wicked. Fun raccoon story, good job helping them out. Chloe misses you, keep the pictures comming
Post a Comment