Monday, February 17, 2014

It's what I love about Sundays...

Going back in time a little to play catch-up....

So, back in December I was working like a mad-woman on my candidacy exams.  And now I'm basically back to doing that but on a different scale or level, trying to improve upon what I had then.   Mostly, I'm working on my motivation. :)  But I'm moving along.

One of the things I came to really love and need during my candidacy exams last semester were Sundays.  That day of rest was neeeeded.  But besides just being able to rest from school-work and crazy readings and writing and the ability to be able to focus outward (all needed), I also needed human interaction!  I NEED people.  I am social person, and locking myself away in my room or house and writing all day for weeks at a time just was not effective without balancing it out in other ways.  So Sunday's became a real great day for getting to just see friends and feel more like myself.  These next two pics are just from a day like that.

This is my friend Christa... (She reminds me a ton of Janelley-kins!)


She is amazing.  I want her to date and marry Abe.  Truth.

This is a group of us at her house after a night of playing games and watching the CES broadcast fireside.  

These are a few of my favorite things.
I can't even remotely remember what the fireside was about (the gospel? ;0) ) but I can remember a much needed night of being able to let my guard down and set my worries aside, of being able to lay down in front of a log-burning fireplace for an hour soaking in heat on my back and the good word all around me.  I remember feeling completely free and at peace and loved as Christa gave me a much needed back scratch and I returned the favor. (Why is it that humans need touch so much?  I know I do.)  I remember lots of laughs and silly moments playing Scategories, and the happy relaxed feeling of being able to be with Nate and Christa--two of my favorite people in Columbus--and getting to laugh with and know other friends a bit better.  It's what I love about Sunday's.


This semester I am trying to do better with balance, like by learning salsa with Nate a few nights a week (don't worry--it's late at night so is a justified break after a full day and night of working), and scheduling in a set amount of hours to fulfill my calling as a ward missionary.  But mostly it's school school school.  That's just one reason why I have come to appreciate Sundays and that needed day of rest all the more. And now they are a day where I usually will catch up on blogging!

Yay. :)

No comments: