Monday, September 20, 2010

Marriage and Family, Thoughts Worth Sharing


No, I am not engaged (yet) ;) but I did want to share a link to a wonderful talk I saw a week ago, given by Elder Scott, that really touched me a lot. It was geared towards young adults (note, not just young SINGLE adults) and focused on strengthening our marriages and families. I wanted to share it with you because then you may be able to feel some of what I felt that night, and just because I think you'd all really appreciate it. He spoke about a lot of things that I have been thinking about as of late, and the love he had for his wife--his care, concern, and the experiences they had to build the type of marriage they had, were truly touching to me, for so many reasons. It was just overwhelming to feel that kind of love, and know that in some degree I have felt it before from others. That made me feel so blessed to see that kind of love and know what a truly strong, committed, and dedicated marriage can and should be like. I see that example from so many of you too. :) It was a really emotional talk for me because it was speaking to what I had been fasting for guidance on that day, and really helped make more clear certain relationships off mine. All boils down to what I want! Yikes. I was reminded a lot of someone I know in Elder Scott and in the relationships described there. I know the Lord has so much in store for us, and endless happiness awaits as we are willing to put in the work and effort to MAKE our relationships eternal and ever growing stronger--closer to one another and closer to then being like and with our Heavenly Father. What a great blessing to be able to do that together. Anyways. I just wanted to share it. It is a truly wonderful and inspirational talk that I thought most of you would really like and enjoy. He's got stuff for singles, young married couples, mothers, and just patterns for all marriages--all at different points throughout his message. I think we can all learn from it. So far all that is available is the streamline for you to watch, so listen to it in the background as you clean or do laundry. Or check out the CES fireside website for the link to the written talk once they get that put up in probably the next week or so. The video streamline might be better at first, though, because he does a Q&A with a young married couple and you get the impact of his emotion and facial expressions throughout, which would be lost in the transcript.

Anywho, love you all. Thanks for being wonderful and great examples to me!
http://lds.org/video/ces/index.html?lang=english
(p.s. that is my old Stake President conducting the meeting! He and Elder Scott have shared some similar experiences, both loosing some of their children to death, and so I think it was a tender thing for him to be able to conduct for him.)

2 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

LOVED that talk!! I just listened to it while I cleaned the kitchen and it was just as wonderful as you said it was! Thanks for sharing! Call me sometime so we can chat!

Aaron and Devon said...

Haven't read it yet, but I will. Chloe is making me go through your whole blog to find picture of you and is mad at me right now for typing and not showing her pictures.