Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Please go on and vote!

So, I have a few friends from my last ward in Provo who have a pretty cool opportunity with their band. There band was chosen, along with 15 other unsigned bands, by Rolling Stone Magazine to compete in a contest to get on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine, get a record deal, perform in a huge concert (Bonorou? like the Woodstock of our day, I guess), and perform on the Jimmy Fallon Late Night Show. So far they have made it through the first two rounds (an AMAZING accomplishment) and are now in the top 4! They need people to go onto the website and vote them 5 stars, and to "like" them on facebook. Here is a link to the website: http://www.rollingstone.com/choosethecover/artists/fictionist
I had to pass that along because it is so cool for them, and I want to help spread the word to get them more votes! Promised them that I would. So do ME a favor, and go to the website and click on five stars!!

(The two guys that I know are Aaron, the drummer--who was my FHE co-chair before I moved to OH, and Jacob, the pianist, who was our ward pianist. So funny to see him up there each week. But these guys are actually super nice and it'd be great to see them have an opportunity to do what so few others get to do! What a cool thing for them, and way to get Provo UT in the spotlight again in a postive way! So help out.)

No comments: