Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Count your many blessings!...

...and I count you! Once upon a time I got the idea from a friend to write a list of all the people you are grateful for in your life to help you see how much you really have to be grateful for. So over Thanksgiving I was feelin' a little down, and the thought hit me that I have SO much to be grateful for. And I wanted to write to all of you and tell you that you are what I'm grateful for. But I didn't. :) And then again, this past Sunday when I was sitting in church with my Dad, listening to none other than Elder L.Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostes speak, and I was feeling happy, again the feeling came of just how grateful I am for my family, and how great a blessing you are to me. So I thought, "Hey! Write and tell your family! All of them. It shouldn't take too long...and you'll see more blessings as you go!" Since there are about a bajillion reasons I am grateful for and blessed by each of you, you must know there is no way I can write down every reason. So, you get whatever random ones that pop into my head first. :) And wow...am I (we) blessed or what?

I am grateful for my Mom, Diane Dollahite, because she is beautiful in a multitude of ways and can make everything around her beautiful too. She has taught me of forgiveness, loves me, and I love that she makes my life beautiful.
I am grateful for my Dad, Ron Fowler, because he is forever an example of hard work to me in all he does--never a half-hearted effort!, always calls and checks in on me, gives me a million examples of how to work and be better, and how to build a family.
I am grateful for my Dad, Norman Dollahite, because he is always serving my Mom and it makes me so happy to see his quiet acts of service all the time. They show me show much more.
I am grateful for Kelly, my lovely stepmom, because of her sweet kindness. I am grateful for the peace she helped bring to me, knowing my Dad was so happy. I'm grateful she's a faithful woman.
I am grateful for my brother Aaron for his desire to follow the spirit.
I am grateful for my sister-in-law Mara and how she is ALWAYS nice and kind.
I am grateful for my nephew Michael because he brought boy-blood to the family! and because he is the only little kid I know who gets genuinely excited about getting a pair of jeans for Christmas.
I am grateful for my niece Linnea for the purity of her spirit and the work she is doing.
I am grateful for my nephew Elijah because he is a SMILER!
I am grateful for my sister Devon for a million reasons. The end. j/k. I am grateful that she calls me every week, keeps me updated on the kids and sends me videos of them that make me so happy, is selfless, and that she wants to know and listen to stories about my life.
I am grateful for my brother-in-law Aaron because he is always cracking dry jokes when you least expect it that make me laugh.
I am grateful for my niece Chloe, because she makes me smile when I am happy, sad,or in-between, and makes me so happy. I am so grateful she loves me so much, because it makes me feel special and softens my heart in a way it needs.
I am grateful for my niece Abby because she obliviously let's me call her Abi-labi-ding-dong (she's only 12mo's) and she is a beautiful, fun bundle of joy in our family.
I am grateful for my sister Melinda for her example of diligence and because I know she loves her family (us).
I am grateful for my sister Amber for her beauty inside and out. I am grateful for her example of fortitude, creativity, and for her enormous loving heart to every living thing. It's SO big.
I am grateful for Casey, because he made Amber happy, and that means SO much to me. He's helping her build a righteous family.
I am grateful for Kaylee--because she is a child of God and she knows it, and because of that, her family knows it too. She is a pioneer of faith. She's also a stellar example of selflessness. Meet this kid.
I am grateful for my niece Kadence and that she taught me about love. I am just so seriously blessed to have this spunky kid in my life who taught me that kids have personalities from the start! She is so beautiful.
I am grateful for Kayden because he responds to well to love and he likes to dance with me.
I am grateful for my niece Kiara because she is a miracle baby and has already brought countless blessing to our family in so short a time.

I am grateful for my Grandpa Dennis Huntington because he loves to play with kids, loves to care for my Grandma, and has a secret that we all know that helps each person in our family know they are loved ("it's right in here!"). He and grandma built a strong family that I'm blessed to be a part of.
I am grateful for my Grandma Beverly Huntington and how she went through hard things but you'd never know it, and instead smiles and laughs all the time and is so beautiful that it makes me so proud to be a member of her family.
I am grateful for my Grandpa William Fowler because he went through hard times and somehow managed to still be the person everyone could go to for a smile and laugh and a twinkling eye his whole life. Excited to get to know him better.
I am grateful for my Grandma Grace Fowler because she raised my Dad! (a feat which tells me she has patience.) And because she gave us a home to stay in when I was young, helping my parents' young family.

I am grateful for my Aunt Trish and that she has stayed a part of our family, making her family our family.
I am grateful for her husband, my Uncle Paul, who sat around the campfire talking with me this past May making such an effort to find out about little old ME, in a way that felt sincere.
I am grateful for my cousins Darin and Shawn for helping making camping an adventure when they came to Whiskeytown and singing "I would walk 500 miles" over and over again with us.
I am grateful for my cousin Sara because she's an example that even teenagers can be friendly to almost complete strangers.
I am grateful for my Aunt Pam, because she is a part of my Grandpa's life.

I am grateful for my Uncle Scott Fowler because he watched YouTube videos with me when I was sick and alway seems happy to let me visit.
I am grateful for my Aunt Sherry Fowler because she is stellar teacher and has class while having fun (and can be persuaded to have adventures).
I am grateful for my cousin "Jo Tucker"-- :) Carrie, because she is like glue in our family and because she was so inspiring to watch with Grandpa in his later years. And hello! Geneology! Keeping our family together.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Craig Fleisher (sp?) because he is just so obviously a good man and it's nice to be around him.
I am grateful for their lil' boy Roy because he carries on some of the family names (first great-grandson for Grandma and Grandpa!) and get's Carrie to post pictures. :)
I am grateful for my cousin Kevin Fowler, because he, too, can carry on the Fowler family name!
I am grateful for my cousin Laura Fowler Bianchino for her friendliness and because she helps me feel closer to the Fowler side of the family.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Roc Bianchino for his hospitality when my friend Keith and I came to visit him and Laura.
I am grateful for their lil' girl Giana because of the joy I know she brings the whole Fowler clan.

I am grateful for my Aunt Debbie Huntington Silva because she is lovely and made my friends fall in love with Elk Grove, and taught me how good homemade lemonade is. And she is loyal.
I am grateful for my Uncle Rick Silva and the fact that he puts on a tough air but is obviously a big teddy bear (or gorilla ;)) and made Keith feel so welcome when he came camping with us. And he tells good stories.
I am grateful for my cousin Nicole Silva Luna, for giving me a prom dress to wear to homecoming when we first moved to Elk Grove even though it was 80's style, and for having a wonderful laugh that makes me feel good when I hear it.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Jason Luna for taking care of Nicole and Kate and letting them come to Whiskeytown.
I am grateful for their daughter, Kate, because she is such a doll that just brought me tons of laughs and smiles as soon as I met her this past May!
I am grateful for my cousin Melissa Silva because she helped me feel closer to her whole family and because she is a super friend to me who makes me feel special and loved. And because someday maybe she can teach me some of her mad art and photography skills. ;)
I am grateful for her daughter Sequoia because she helped bring us together too and still makes me feel like "the special aunt" when I see her. :)

I am grateful for my Aunt Eileen Fowler Kesnig because of her fortitude.
I am grateful for my Uncle Joel Kesnig because he came all the way to UT and hiked with us and gave me an opportunity to get to know him better!
I am grateful for my cousin Eric Kesnig because he was someone for his family to love and softened hearts. He was always nice to me.
I am grateful for my cousin Keith (Drew) Kesnig because he really befriended Devon and I when we were younger.

I am grateful for my Aunt DaNae Hurd because she is just like a friend to me and someone who I can always count on to back me up with going on hikes, canoe rides, singing camp songs, playing games, just about whatever I suggest! She is a good woman.
I am grateful for my Uncle Bill Hurd because he sings us silly songs and makes us smile and helped raise a spectacular family.
I am grateful for my cousin Jen(i) Hurd Bohn because she is a ball of energy and just so darn much fun that you can't help but love her to pieces and feel so happy when you are with her. You just want to be her friend.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Jeffrey Bohn because he...is Jeff. :) Jeff always talks to me about my life, about real things in the world and interesting subjects, and treats me like we're on the same level. He never pities me but helps me feel whole.
I am grateful for my "nephew"(all these kids are like nieces and nephews), their son, Wes because even though he is a studly teenager he still gives me a big hug everytime I see him! Love that boy!
I am grateful for their son Garret--Garebear--because he is all grins and smiley and loving and such a good example of a fun, tender, awesome boy. Want a boy like him.
I am grateful for their son Drewby-drew because he just CRACKS ME UP! Because he gives me hugs and teaches me about important things, all while he just EXUDES creativity (he reminds me that having a boy could be fun after all... :)
I am grateful for my "niece" Brynn because that little girl is a BIG girl whose examples that I read of on Jenn's blog just fill my heart with joy! And watching her brothers with her is something that always touches my heart. A blessing to our whole family.
I am grateful for my cousin Tara Hurd Rickards for her beautiful spirit and smile. She let me watch her kids when they were young and grow to love them, and that helped me gain a testimony of how blessed we are to be parents and to care for such precious children and spirits.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Jason Rickards, because he just makes Tara so darn happy and that makes ME so happy, 'cause I love her so. He's also tons of fun in the fam, and a good dad. Gives me hope.
I am grateful for their son, Austin, because he is just such a KIND boy who is always ready with a smile or helping hand.
I am grateful for their daughter Jessica, because Jessie-bear is my pal and teaches me so much through her example. Again, someone who makes me feel so loved! And that makes my heart all warm and happy. :)
I am grateful for their daughter Lauren because she is a super-star sweetheart.
I am grateful for their daughter Ashlyn, because she was a blessing to Tara and Jason of their love and marriage.
I am grateful for their daugher Paige for the reminder again of starting new and continued blessings of the Lord.
I am grateful for my cousin Billy Hurd for his friendship all these years, and especially when we both lived at the Colony and he was one of my best friends. Taught me about how relaxing and needed day's-end walks could be. Helped re-inspire my interest in learning piano.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law, Jen Hurd, for her laughter and calming influence. I look to her example of confidence lots.
I am grateful for their daughter Britta because watching the way her cousins loved her this past Whiskeytown just taught me about family love.
I am grateful for their daughter Jocelyn because she is another bundle of joy and blessing that brings my cousins happiness!
I am grateful for my cousin Janelle Hurd Ehat because she is a cousin who loves me and is a shining example to me of the type of mom with the type of home life that I hope to have someday (soooon!). ;) And I had a cousin growing up who was one of my best friends!
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Peter because he is pretty much always happy, is always kind, and is an example of a righteous priesthood holder for me to remember.
I am grateful for their son Tyler Ty-face, for teaching me about control and learning to harness energy, and again showing me how good an older brother can be! (So I used to only want girls...I'm seeing a pattern of wonderful boys that tell me I'd be okay and blessed either way!)
I am grateful for their daughter Maddie (mooseky) for teaching me about the goodness of the spirits of children reserved for today.
I am grateful for their daughter Emily because she shows me such personality and again has taught me how different our children all are--certainly shaped by their home life, but definietly come with a mind and spirit of their own. She's also made me laugh lots.
I am grateful for their son Nathan because I've loved watching Tyler with him, showing me how tender and fun boys can be together!
I am grateful for their son Logan for his beautiful big eyes and happy smiles to his fam.
I am grateful for their son Brandon because he reminds me of eternal families.
I am grateful for my cousin Sterling Hurd because he was a connection for me to lots of people that I loved and was a blessing by helping bring me closer.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Katie Hurd for being another one in the fam with an advanced degree so I don't feel like only crazy people do that. :)
I am grateful for their daughter Phoebe because I now have a pic of her with Grandpa that memorializes our Grandpa's face and love for his grandkids (or great grandkids, for that matter). And she's a blessing to Ster and Katie.

I am grateful for my Aunt Kathy Fowler Deacon, for her example of charity. She always helped me feel closer and comfortable with the far-away NY fam when I was younger, and she was so generous and fun. She also helped bring our family closer together in a way that's now a Fowler legacy.
I am grateful for my Uncle Danny Deacon for having a tender heart and one that could be touched, and for making it obvious how much he loves his kids. I've just always felt a special connection to Uncle Danny.
I am grateful for my cousin Danny Deacon because he's a big brother that his siblings look up to.
I am grateful for my cousin Katie Deacon for her creativity and taking in of the "California/Utah" kid.
I am grateful for my cousin Patrick Deacon because he is always smiling and is so good natured. Love to hang out with and be around Pat.
I am grateful for my cousin Jackie Deacon because she is a smart cookie with a sense of adventure who we got to have a blast with when her and Pat came out to visit one year. Helped me feel connected to the fam, which is something I am grateful for and have loved.

I am grateful for my Uncle Steve Huntington--that I can still tell stories of how HIGH he threw us in the air and still caught us when playing with us as kids, and that he is friendly to newcomers. Oh, and always let us come to his house for Christmas and make a mess, a showed me his gorgeous backyard.
I am grateful for my Aunt Michelle Huntington and her shared appreciation of nature and animals. I'm grateful she's always someone I can count on to join our hikes at Whiskeytown or to beat me at Progressive Rummy (or is it to lose to me at it? ;)).
I am grateful for my cousin Chris Huntington, such a smart kid from the time he was born, and because then Uncle Steve had a child of his own to throw in air. ;)

I am grateful for my Uncle Paul Fowler for his fantastic laugh and sense of humor that always gets my Dad laughing in that NY laugh, which helps me see him as he is. Also just so hospitable and generous. Makes me happy always.
I am grateful for my Aunt Patty because she is just a stinkin' good woman who is so selfless.
I am grateful for my cousin Allison Fowler because we got to share good times as kids, and now when I go to visit I have a cousin to hang out with and talk to.
I am grateful for my cousin Jesse Fowler and for the way he seems to honor his parents and acts as a good example to his fam. He is a good guy who works hard.
I am grateful for my cousin P.J. Fowler and for his willingness to do things with us when we visit and always making me feel welcome.
I am grateful for my cousin Scott Fowler for letting my dad feel like he had a son to work with and teach for awhile, which was good for me to see.
I am grateful for my cousin Joseph Fowler for serving our country and teaching me about going out on your own in uncharted and unfamiliar courses with your fam. Like Grandpa.

I am grateful for my Uncle Darrell Huntington for all his kindness when he took me to work all those summers at the store (patiently waiting for me, kindly, bright and early every day!). Tender teacher for my first real job. And for always being NICE. Seriously goofy/funny too. I like it.
I am grateful for my Aunt Takako Huntington because for her gentle goodness of heart and action. A selfless woman who has nothing but kindness and love in her.
I am grateful for my cousin James Huntington because he is a cool guy who loves his family and leads them righteously. And he has a heart for helping serve! Makes Grandpa feel at ease, too.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Megan Huntington for always having a smile on her face and being a good example of a young learning mother, who's getting it!
I am grateful for their son Koby becausehe gives me things to laugh at as I read his parents blog. :)
I am grateful for their son Lincoln for being another way to carry on the Huntington name. It's a good one.
I am grateful for my cousin Lisa Huntington Ackerman for teaching me about change, and a willingness to move on and move forward.
I am grateful for my cousin-in-law Dave Ackerman because he helps make our family famous. ;) And because I love watching he and Lisa laugh together--just how much he makes her laugh.
I am grateful for my cousin Sherry (Sha-berryhead) Huntington for letting me call her Sha-berryhead still (and only me;) ) and still giving me giant hugs when I see her and seeming glad to see me. I love her. She let me teach her how to make a snowman. In flats with no socks. :)
I am grateful for my Karen, Kare-bear, Huntington for following me when I want to go on random paths and hikes and for helping me with my talk on chastity for Stake conference by providing solid, righteous words from a teenager. She and her friends made me feel loved when we lived on Richborough.

I am grateful for my Uncle George Fowler for just being so kind and sharing and thoughful. I love that man.
I am grateful for my Aunt Helena for giving me some beautiful cousins and always making me feel welcome when we'd come to stay at her house (covering every inch of the floor). ;)
I am grateful for my cousin Nicholas Fowlerfor always giving me a hello when I come to visit.
I am grateful for my cousin Brittany Fowler for fun laughs and good times when we once came to stay and put weird fake colored hair pieces in our hair and acted crazy--my first super bonding moment in NY with that fam since I was a kid!
I am grateful for my cousin Megan Fowler for always smiling and sharing her room and playing too. :)

Wow. I am sure I forgot someone in all that counting,and please forgive me if I did! There's just so many of you! :) But I guess you can see it pretty plain--I've got a LOT to be grateful for! Did you SEE that list? And that's just the START!

Get a countin'...:) Love you!

2 comments:

Aaron and Devon said...

Love you too Tawna!!!! loved the post.

Tara Rickards said...

Awwww. That was such a sweet post! I feel loved! Love you Tons Tawna!