Friday, February 3, 2012

Disaster Hair Day

So I've come up for a new term for the days when I actually "do" my hair... (curl it, section it off and blow dry it for forever with a round brush, style it, etc.), looking to get something cute like this:




I call this, Disaster Hair days.

Don't get me wrong--that hair is not a disaster--which is entirely the point. It's super cute. Flirty. Fun. You know. Guys dig it. Which is why I'm calling it disaster hair (or, Action -flick hair, depending on my mood), because apparently directors of dumb action movies (almost all action movies are dumb, in my book, this being one of the reasons why) only know how to have girls with "disaster hair" in them, no matter what happens to be going on in the movie at that point. No matter what.

Take, for instance, the movie I watched tonight at a friend's house. We watched Transfomers 3, which was as guy oriented a movie as you can get. Average guy gets to date a hot super model (she literally is a super model in real life), chase cars, blow stuff up, look tough and be the hero...and his girlfriend just stays totally put together. It's like in olden-day movies when the wife or girl would go to sleep wearing her bright red lipstick. (Had to do wonders on her pillow case.) In this movie, after the hero and his supermodel girlfriend have been chased through a city entirely under attack and destroyed, survived being inside a building made of glass that entirely fell over, sliding down the side of said building after crashing through the glass and sliding all the way down the 50 stories of the building or so, only to gracefully slide onto the balcony of another building, have stuff blow up all around you, and getting shot at about a gazillion times....his girlfriend's hair still looked like that.




Oh, and did I mention that after all that she was still wearing high heels and lipgloss? (Of course, this was after she'd been taken hostage for days, during which time she apparently primped herself perfectly. Also, good thing her white jacket came out totally unscathed or touched by dirt after living through all that complete and utter chaos!) Yeah. So from now on a good hair day = a "Disaster" or "Action" Hair day in honor of dumb action flicks. It makes sense. I hope I have them often, cause it's super cute. ;)

3 comments:

Briana said...

:) hahaha. Thanks for sharing. :)

Naveen said...

I guess I was pretty much absorbed in the action scenes to even notice the girl ( who I did not know is a supermodel btw) , I guess men and women widely differ in their movie tastes :)

Tara Rickards said...

Haha! So true! I want to see pictures of your disaster hair!