I saw this done by a woman my mother knows, and immediately knew I wanted to make more of these adorable little display dishes. Super easy, SUPER CHEAP (mine cost about a total of $2; the woman was selling her's for $12), and super...my style. ;) They make great, classy, cheap gifts.
To start, you just need three things: a candle stick holder, a salad bowl/plate, and some super glue.
I bought this candle stick holder at a thrift store for 90cents, the plate at the thrift store for 50cents (I've never NOT seen gorgeous porcelain plates like this at the thrift store), and the super glue comes in a two-pack at the dollar store. You can also buy nice looking glass candle stick holders of varying heights at the dollar store (I have a picture at the end of this post with one of these made from a holder bought at the dollar store). So yes, this is a cheap project. :)
I really love white porcelain with these little designs, but you can use whatever you like--deeper bowl, or more flat, if you want to use it to put cookies on during the holidays or something. This is just what I love.
First, just be sure the candlestick holder is clean, and then apply super glue around the rim, like so.
Next, immediately place the candle stick holder in the center of the bottom of the plate. Press down, but be quick. Super glue dries quickly. Be sure it's where you want it. :)
Then, voila! A simple, elegant, and lovely candy dish or display dish. Simple as that.
You can also use it to hold hair clips, jewelry, etc. This is what I use mine for right now (sorry for the poor quality picture; it got late, and my camera doesn't like to take photos in the dark. I also hadn't decided where I was going to place these yet.)
As you can see, you can do varying heights. I see these as a gorgeous way to display goodies during the holidays, all made at different heights. Love it. Anyways. Just wanted to share this simple, cheap little project with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment