Sunday, August 9, 2015

Galentines & Valentines; Hearts and Hamburgers

So, I suppose I am working in reverse order, or at least "popcorn" manner, in which I just keep picking and choosing events from the past year to post about.  But now, it's not necessarily in most recent, or even chronological order.  Hooray for you.  It's like a rewind, fast-forward, picking and choosing your favorite parts of the movie type of look at my life these past 7 months. Lucky.  ;)

This time, I feel like posting about a fun time we had back in February (it's hot...I want to remember cold times) around Valentines Day.

First:  Park's and Rec.  Have you heard of it?  (I have.)  Have you watched it? (I haven't.  Whoops.) Well, apparently, one character starts something called Galentine's Day, which is the day before Valentines Day, and a day in which you just celebrate your gal pal's.  Or something. :)  (Admitting how little I know by telling you that I had to change the definition of what it was just now, as I looked up a fitting meme.)  (I found this following one, btw.)

That's what I say to all my girl friends?
So, we had some friends come over for waffles (a pre-req.), a chick flick, nails, chocolate, dressing up in some fashion (pearls, anyone?), and other girlie...girlie things.  It also somehow evolved into hours and hours of playing a version of MASH, in which I got stuck marrying the guy that most annoys me (rule was to throw one of those in there). Don't worry, some insisted we do this again while waiting for fireworks on the 4th of July, and this time I got my dream guy.  (So now it's real, right? ;))

Stephanie showing off her MASH pile.  Dreamy options, right? Ahh, girls. We're not always this immature, I promise. ;)
Here are some photos from this fun and silly night:

My roomie Karen got us all star wands. :)

Two of the party planners: Catherine and I.
Of course braiding was involved in a girls' night/Galentine's Day.  But Delsi Winn get's the win for this creation.
We wrote each other Dove Promises and taped them to the chocolates.  My friend Tiffany got the promise I wrote, and my desire for every true friend (also for myself). ;) She also just so happens to be moving to England for grad school--so, potentially prophetic.  We cross our fingers that it be so.


Okay, Valentines Day at the greatest food joint on earth (if you like burgers boiled in grease, etc.), will come as a second installment to this post, so that I can post this and git to bed.  But yay for ladies, and fun friends.  I'm so glad I have friends who'll be silly with me, and love it.  :)

No comments: