So, I started a new temp job last week--the one that'll give me money to stay here a few more months so that I can then work on some other things that'll give me some great work experience. (I.e. new calling as Stake P.R. Director--cool--, and then also being put in charge of a large fundraising event, funds distribution, bylaw and website creations, etc., for a nonprofit associated with the new medical practice I'm working at.) It's in a pediatric opthamolagist's private practice, and basically I'm just one of the doctor's scribes. Cue "over-qualifed". And I am. WAAAAY. But it pays the bills, and gives me a great opportunity for some rockin' resume building with this nonprofit. Plus, this job is super flexible. So, in the meantime, I keep up a positive attitude by recognizing that I get to learn new things each day (today I studied all about the anatomy of the eye and common genetic issues--cool), which obviously I do like, and I get to work with great people. Already bringing one guy a copy of The Proclamation on the Family tomorrow. :) Plus, I get to play the role of a total poser in the medical world. I've got my handy hospital badge that get's me special treatment (15% off scrubs--how useful. :) )...
...I've got my pile of paid for, new scrubs...
And now I'm ready to go, in true poser fashion. ;)
Alone, it is not anything I've have even considered taking--I'm just very overqualified and it's not even remotely in my career path--but combined with the other opportunities, this just made sense for the time being. So, I'm grateful.
I'll post about the other experiences as I get into them, because I am really excited about them. Excited enough that they are keeping me in Columbus a few more months so that I can benefit by them, and serve. So, cross your fingers they are both worth the stay. I'm sure I'll gain some good from them, and have a great learning experience serving in those positions as well. Then, on to new opportunities!



1 comment:
This is truly a short but informational post.Really very useful article thanks for posting folks.These tips will help me a lot .
ลิฟติ้งขนตา บางแสน
Post a Comment