Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not Stars and Stripes, Stars and Ice!

Today I went out to check the mail and noticed some thin sheets of ice on the ground (lying on top of the thick pile of ice frozen to our front porch--horrah). I then looked at the flag I have stuck in the mail box, and saw that there was a cool, thin layer of ice frozen onto the flag. When I pulled it off-- you could see the stars and stripes. It looked like this:






Pretty cool huh?

Well, beyond that I don't have too much to report. :) School is still getting figured out, but I should know my final class schedule for this quarter tomorrow. That is sort of stressing me out a bit, just because each class here packs a lot into each day of class, since each class only meets like 10 times. Some of my other classes should be good. This weekend I am going with some members from my ward up to Kirtland for a special sacrament meeting that will be held in the Kirtland Temple for Young Single Adults. (Ahhh, all the fun things they plan for us to try and marry us off, haha.) I am looking forward to it though. I doubt that we will see the prophet again, but it should be a really neat experience non the less. :)

Um, beyond that I've got not much else to report except that I love and miss you all! Dev, have you told everyone that Chloe knows where I live that she still goes around shouting out to the universe "I love YOU Tawna!"? I just don't want any of you to forget who the favorite Aunt is. ;) Amber-- you never came to say goodbye! Guess that means you and Kelly will just have to come visit here. As you all should. I am trying to convince Emily to come visit me, which would be wonderful. Just to have a good friend like Em out here with me, even just for a couple of days, would be such a blessing. It'd make me so happy. So hopefully she will be able to in the next bit.

K,love you for real. Write to me. More exciting posts later.

3 comments:

justjen said...

Super cool ice pics tawna! Missed seeing you during the holidays, no fun having everyone in different states is it? Have a great trip this weekend it sounds incredibly cool!

Aaron and Devon said...

Those pictures are just awesome! I can't believe it. I'll work on Chloe telling Aaron that she has to take mommy to Ohio... I doubt it will work. She still asks about you and yes, randomly says "I love you Tawna". Have fun this weekend.

Tawna said...

yep, the ice was cool. Hopefully I will have something more interesting to post soon though.