Monday, February 1, 2010

The Ohio

Well, I figured it was about time that I do another post. Sadly, I still can't figure out how to rotate pictures on this stinkin' thing! So when you get to those, sorry! Any tips? Do I have to re-save them on my computer another way? I thought I had rotated them on my comp, but I guess you were all meant to use your imaginations a little more. :)
Well, this week I finally started to feel my first lil' bit of OSU pride(go Bucks!). I was a little surprized (I don't know why) but glad. I realized it as I was driving on campus the other day and looking at all of the beautiful brick architecture of the buildings, and just sort of enjoying the place. I realized, "hey-- I kind of like it here!" :) 'bout time, eh? haha. Then I went to the library and got to study in a beautiful reading room. I uploaded few pics of two of the reading rooms on campus here. The one without chairs and such is actually where I was studying, and now it's filled with comfy chairs and couches. It was one of our few SUNNY days this winter (sad, I know) and so the room was warm with the sun shining through the huge windows onto yours truly. :) I really enjoyed it. They may make a Buckeye out of me yet.


Well, besides that I thought I'd finally upload a few pics that have been long overdue! First are some of my pictures from my FIRST trip to Kirtland, back in September (or October?) when we got to spend time with President Monson in the Kirtland temple unexpectedly. That was a wonderful trip. I went with my (then) new friends Liesen and Justin. I've told you all the story already, but I knoooow you've been wanting to see some pics, so here's the proof. :)
President Monson telling us a story outside the temple once we all finished up inside. A wonderful President Monson story.


Him visiting with some of the young kids outside after the tour.


Justin and I saying "Can you believe what just happened?!!" Soooo excited. (And in shock!)


The excited temple goers together.

Now here we've got some pics from my trip up there a few weekends ago for the special sacrament meeting inside the temple. It was a beautifully foggy day (I like foggy days--so English, ha) and it just cast a neat feeling over everything. First we went to the sacrament meeting, and then there was a lunch provided for us at a Stake Center nearby. After that, some of us went to tour Historic Kirtland. I really like spending time there, and love learning about the history of the church here in "The Ohio". The first pic is of a river that runs vertically in the middle of historic Kirtland! (AKA-- a picture I can't get to rotate.)


Our little tour group outside of the Newel K. Whitney store. This is probably my favorite place in Historic Kirtland. The prophet Joseph lived here with Emma above the store for a time, and we get to tour through the whole thing. Upstairs is where the school of the prophets was once held, and it is such a neat thing to sit in the room where so many revelations and manifestations were made and to listen to the missionaries share stories about what took place-- many things that I never remember hearing about. One that I have heard is about Emma talking to Joseph about all the men in that little room (it is fairly little!) spitting tabacco on the ground and asking what could be done, essentially. Joseph took it to the Lord, and the Word of Wisdom was revealed. What a wonderful story about the prophet listening to his wife, taking her concerns as seriously as his own, and recieving important doctrine for the saints because of it (and her). I love their relationship. (Last night some friends and I watched the movie about Emma Smith, and it just amazed me again. I learn so much from her, and him. Their strength together is something that I can't wait to have with my husband--working for it.)

The crew: Joseph,Kenji, Me, Curtis, Jacob, Kristen, Kyle, and Katherine.


They let me go behind the counter (which was cool!). This is Jacob ordering something from me with a credit card. ;)


Kristen, Katie and I outside the temple after sacrament meeting. Katie is my roomie, and I am so glad she is. She's great.


This pic is of most of the people from my singles ward who went up for it. It is 2 1/2 hours away from Columbus, so not everyone went, but we felt like we had a nice lil' crew. I think we are all laughing in this picture because someone said, "Oh! This is TAWNA'S camera?!" And then proceeded to make faces for a minute. Works much better than saying "cheese". :)


The temple in the morning before the meeting started. So foggy and cool out. I did just love it. Added a nice mystic to the morning. ;)

Well there you go Devon-- they're up! I have about a million more, of fun things too, but you'll just have to wait until my AMAZING scrapbook pages. ;) ha. Love you all. Miss you much. Call me!

2 comments:

Aaron and Devon said...

Thanks for the pictures, they are wonderful! The ones from the library are so cool, not to menchion thje ones of President Monson- that is going to be a good story for the grandkids someday. I would love to go out to Ohio someday and see all the sights- especially with you as a tour guide. =) Miss ya!

Jenny said...

Wow cool pictures Tawna Wana. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! I agree, the pictures of the reading rooms are really cool and that is really neat you were able to meet President Monson! I miss you lady!