Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bathroom Graffiti

Today I went to use a restroom on campus, and was a little disappointed to find they didn't have a hook/hanger thing for my back-pack. So, I set it on the nasty floor. Then I saw the following, written in pen on the door near where the hook obviously used to be: "We pay $3000 in tuition and you can't even afford to put in hooks in the bathroom? Ridiculous!" For a short moment I thought "Yeah!" and then realized--maybe if they didn't have to pay to paint over and cover up graffiti, they'd have more money to spend on other things, like bathroom door hooks. :)

Earlier this week I also saw the following written on the inside of a bathroom stall: "God is love." Then there was also a fully-quoted verse from 1Corinthians about God and his love or goodness. I find it a tiiinsey winsey bit ironic that these professed Christians thought vandalism on the inside of a bathroom stall was the best way to bring someone closer to our Heavenly Father. I mean...is that what these non-believers are supposed to gather about Christians? Good behavior of Christians: vandalize school property? Oh.

Whatever the reasoning...I always seem to find these particular "writings on the wall" slightly ironic. :)

1 comment:

Aaron and Devon said...

So true! I hate it when they don't have the door hooks- yuck~