Grobanite: A fan or follower of Josh Groban,...superstar in the 'popera' genre, as in "What a grobanite! I bet they even have a Josh stand-up in their living room." (That'd be nice.)
I particularly like this definition:
Grobanite: A Grobanite can be characterized as a...woman or man who enjoys the auricle ecstacy of Josh Groban's harmonious voice. Many of them rampage through the streets in the pursuit of being "Joshed."
I think my own definition would include something along the lines of persons who, while not actually ever having met the man, feel it their right and duty to call him by his first name, as in... "I bet they even have a Josh stand-up in their living room." (I bet the person who wrote that definition was a grobanite.) Did I mention I do that? Joshy-poo and I are just, well, meant for eachother. (I'm just joshin' with ya'.)
So I finally made it to my first Josh Groban concert back in the beginning of August, and after about THREE seconds of his coming out on stage, I was worse than a 13-year-old at a Justin Bieber concert. I was SO in love with him from the start. Imagine a voice that beautiful...in PERSON. Just as lovely as ever. And FUNNY. What?! Yeah, I was in love. And Melinda heard all about it. (I think I said "I'm in love" about a billion times in the first half-hour. But don't worry, I didn't break down and cry.) The passion slowly died down after a few songs and a few jokes he made about getting a beer, and after he came off as a lil' insincere...but don't worry, it didn't die. I just realized he was human. A very lovely lovely human. With a voice that melts butter. Oh. Honestly. Do you feel the swooning 13 year-old-Bieber fan in my writing? I do. And it'd be sad, except I really do just love his voice and music. So, I guess I'm a Grobanite. ;0)
Him singin' on said pop-up stage.
I once watched a video of Josh Groban singing and told Curtis that I thought Kyle sounded better than Josh when he sings sometimes. I guess I am pretty lucky to know a real-live, Josh-Groban-like, amazing singer like that. Speaking of Kyle, of sorts, during the concert Josh Groban did a Q&A with questions that fans had text in. If you want an idea of what the concert was like, click and watch this video: Q & A. If you start around 2:30 you'll hear him having a converstion with none other than Kyle Wilson. What? Yeah. Couldn't believe he got picked. Go Kyle! He's famous now for more than one reason. And I KNOW him! ;)
Anyways. It was an amazingly fun night. The fun didn't stop there, as then Kyle and I made our way out to West Virginia to meet up with the ward out there for a rafting trip. That's another story. But it was an all around grobantastic (eh?) weekend. Really just a great weekend all around.
So, until next time, here's lookin' at (singin' to) you kid...
1 comment:
Still so stinkin' jealous! I am going to make Aaron take me to him next time he is in town
Post a Comment