I needed to share this one more story because it's just too delightful not to write down and share before any more time has passed.
Two weeks ago, I went to work on a usual Monday afternoon. I knocked, and heard Rebekah calling to me from behind the door and Andrew yelling "Car? Car?!" like he does every day. Mary (their Mom) opened the door to let me in. Before I go further, I should just explain that Mary works from home, in their basement, and practices law. She works downstairs while I entertain and watch the kids each day for a few hours. She is also about 7 months pregnant. K. Back to the story--I know you can't wait. :)
Mary opens the door to reveal the small front room of their apartment in ...well let me paint the picture for you: Exactly 80 individual coloring pages crumpled and thrown all over the place (and I mean "all"), almost every marker the kids own thrown about the room with all the lids in various other places, a giant box of big building legos (about 50 large and small pieces) dumped and scattered about the room, dolls, balls, some broken up puzzels, about 30 toy cars, 4 large toy cars, a white board, chairs, a couple of movies, about 20 books, pretty much everything they owned-- all thrown in utter chaos around a small front room. Then I look up and see the front window--...is entirely shattered, and hear Rebekah happily saying over and over again "Tawna! Tawna! See! I threw the car and now there is a spider's web! And an "A"! See! A spider's web and an "A"! I threw the car and now there is a spider's web!" (referring to the window and its new "shapes"). (I later noticed a pile of cars behind the couch at the base of the window, that had all presumably been thrown at the window--the kids like to throw things.)
Mary just opens the door, looks at me, and says "it was worse earlier," and then walks away to the basement, leaving me alone. That was it. That's all she said. :)
hahaha. I could barely keep in the laughter amidst the surprise. Oh life. So great. Later, when the day was over, she came up and asked me "do you think the window could have been broken from outside?" hahah. No. No, I don't think that was the problem or culprit this time. But I do think that poor mother was a bit tired. Ah, great times.
No comments:
Post a Comment