Today's lil' selection is by Emily Dickinson, and is called "Not in Vain"
"If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain:
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain."
I love that true sentiment. And it reminds me of a mormon message video I watched yesterday that I also really liked.
At the end, the quotes are from President Gordon B. Hinckley, and they are from a talk that he gave in October of 2003 called "To the Women of The Church." Beautiful. But the poem points out that anything we do that makes something better--like lifting a robin to his nest again (did you know Lincoln was rumored to have done that on his way with some men to a pressing meeting?) is of value to the world. God sees it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment