Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Elk Grove Partay

So, in my efforts to catch up and document--here's just a few pics from a little Elk Grove "reunion" we had at my Mom's while I was home visiting this past summer.  It was a great time to get to see some friends I hadn't seen since high school, who were now living in UT with their growing families.  You'll probably all remember Ricky Scott; luckily we've kept in touch with him and his family and and get to see them most times when I come home to visit.  (And Janelle--you guys even all hung out one time without me!  Punks.)  But it was also fun to get to see Beth (formally Baldwin) and her 13 year old daughter!!, and Tony Reese, Brett Roberts, and Ben Fox. All with their families.  Hopefully we'll have another one of these again soon.  It was great to remember friendships from so long ago, and to reconnect and rebuild, and yet to remember how important they all were to me so long ago.  It was like no time had passed (minus all the children and spouses now running around adding to the crazy commotion.)  It was a great time, all around, had by everyone.  A must-do repeat.
Keeping the kids organized and entertained by playing ring-around-the-rosey as we waited for all the slow-poke adults to gather so we could take a picture. :)
Why am I the only adult playing again? And you know I was having fun. :)
Duck-duck goose, and Jacob was dubious. 

Normalcy obtained.

No comments: