Well, today started out a little...not how I would have preferred (sleeping in past my alarm and being 45 min. late for Sacrament meeting-- don't worry, I got to take the sacrament in the next ward's meeting) but it ended up being a pretty good Sunday. I went to my Bishop's house for "Sundays at the Sonksen's" where Bishop Sonksen and his wife provide treats and a chance for the ward to mingle once a month. Actually, it's every other month, because they switch off with one of the counselors, where we have "Brownies at the Barney's." It was a nice chance to chat more with my ward, and it was a nice night because I was feeling in a more outgoing and normal mood. I got to chat with a lot of people, had one girl in my ward seek me out for advice since I am an "outsider" to her dating situation, and she wanted my advice (ha) and was just able to feel a bit more a part of the ward here. There are a lot of other new people as well, and seeing and knowing that sure did help a bit too. After that I went to pick up an old friend, Andrew Johnson, from the airport who is out here for a day to interview at med school at OSU. (Do you remember Adam Johnson from the Colony Dev? Andrew is his younger brother.) I took him to a married LDS couple's home where he'll be staying, and was able to talk with them a bit about the area. It was really encouraging. They say that they really love the area, and that there are tons of fun things to do. In fact, they are in a married-student ward, just like they have in Provo, and they say they feel just like they are in Provo. Everyone tells me there is a lot to do and see around here, so I am excited to get a bit more situated into the area and see what all this cool stuff is everyone has been talking about! Once I get situated with more good friends, I think it will grow on me and I'll learn to love it as much as everyone else seems to! :0)
Well, just wanted to give that little update, since I guess this blog is supposed to be almost like a phone conversation between me and all of you--giving you somewhat of an idea of my life while I'm out here.
Love you all! Write or call me soon. :) -Tawna
2 comments:
Sounds like a good day after all. I am sure you will figure out all the hot spots soon enough. I also loved your pictures from Navuoo. The one of the temple was beautiful! Good picture taking skills.
Gracias, gracias.
Post a Comment