Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Of Useful and Not so Useful Appliances

Useful: Lights


Useful for seeing things at night or in otherwise darkened rooms. (Or to start movies with (Pixar), or to replace pets, apparently.) Tonight, one of my lamps fell over and shattered. I hate to "break" it to you Dev, but it was the lamp Mom bought us for our first apartment in Provo. That thing has been around for apartment after apartment! Unfortunately, Ohio hasn't caught on to the idea of ceiling lights yet, so our downstairs room is going to be a little dark until I buy a new one. (Useful: Walmart Prices.)

Useful: Flashlights

Specifically the new little handy-dandy ones I got for Christmas in my stocking, and from Dad. This lil' fella really puts out some rays and helped me shine some light on the situation, and on the floor so I could search for shards of glass that the vacuum didn't pick up. Honestly glad I have 4 of them now.

Not-so Useful: Vacuums that don't work


While shining said little flashlight on the floor, I found that the vacuum did pick up much of the glass, but left behind hair, pine needles, more hair, and other random things. Gross.

Not-so Useful: Noodle Hair Guard


(So I had to be even with the useful and not so useful.) Tell me you don't want one of these.

????: Mittens specifically for handholding


Well what do YOU think?

3 comments:

Olya said...

I want one of those hand holding mittens...

Aaron and Devon said...

Love the noodle hair guard and the mittens. Just wait... maybe next Christmas i'll get you some =)

Tawna said...

Devon--you have every idea how excited I'd be for that... ;)